This time of year takes great discipline and intention. It’s still 2017 (and we still have 2017 goals to accomplish), but, we’re starting to dip our toes into 2018. If you’re anything like us, you want to set yourself up for success right from the get-go, the second that ball drops in Times Square.
We wanted to give a some (okay, a lot!) of different ideas of how to jumpstart 2018, starting right now. If you implement all of these things, well, goodness gracious, you’re going to see ridiculous amounts of big, beautiful growth as a creative entrepreneur this next year.
We challenge you to choose and do at least seven of these things before the end of 2017. (Let us know which ones you choose in the comments below!)
21 ways creative entrepreneurs can jumpstart 2018 right now!
- Make entrepreneur coffee dates for December and January! (Think potential partners and industry friends.)
- Get a 2018 planning day on the calendar!
- Make a list of goals/ideas you wanted to accomplish in 2017 but keep putting off!
- Get your FREE Content Creation Kit for photographers and other creative entrepreneurs! (Blogging, newsletters + social media will be so much easier, starting now.)
- Refresh your website! (Remove any/all work that is not a representation of the work you’d like more of.)
- Decide your promotional calendar! (Think mini sessions, holiday sales, course launches, etc.)
- Pick a travel destination for some rest and fun! (We’ve got China on the brain because our daughter is waiting for us!)
- Make a list of fellow creatives you’d like to get to know better! (Start thinking about how you can help them.)
- Ask your clients for reviews!
- Start stockpiling blog posts to up your SEO game! (Remember to use keywords in your titles.)
- Compile and organize all those receipts so you’re ready for tax time!
- Encourage and speak some beautiful truth to 10 entrepreneurs you’ve been admiring from afar!
- Write thank you/thinking of you/you can do it cards to 5 entrepreneurs you adore!
- Make a list of blogs you’d like to write/guest blog for in the new year! (Think businesses with a similar ideal client.)
- Get those workflow systems in place! (I know, I know, this takes a chunk of time. Promise it’s worth it.)
- Update your pricing on your website with “Starting at…” rates!
- Import your contacts into MailChimp or ConvertKit to get that newsletter prepped and ready!
- Start using more video! (Think email responses, promos, FB lives.)
- Buy that business book for creatives you’ve been meaning to read! (We buy ours used on Amazon.)
- Write down one crazy BIG goal for 2018! (Stick that Post-it on your bathroom mirror.)
- Commit to the coaching program you’ve been dying to be part of! (We currently have only 1 spot open for coaching!)
What’s your favorite way to prepare for the new year? Let us know in the comments below!